Head Coach : Steve Gladding
Steve Gladding joins Auckland Diving in June 2015 as Head Coach after a very successful career in Britain, Scotland and South Africa. He has coached at the highest level, managed national programmes and developed through the spectrum of sport, at all levels from grassroots to performance.
Steve is a British Olympic Coach, having trained the British Olympic team at the 2012 London Olympic Games. Through his training with the UK Sport Elite Coach Programme he has been able to lead many individuals towards achieving their goals in many areas of sport, whilst developing relationships, partnerships and teams to support this.
His practical leadership skills are underpinned by a passion for, and understanding of, psychology. His curiosity around how psychology shapes an individual's progress towards success is a driving force in personal development.
Steve is a Master Practitioner in Nuero Linguistic Programming (NLP) which enables him to elicit optimum performance from himself and others.
Elite Coach employed by British Swimming 2005-2013 &Trained by UK Sport
- Coached athletes at all levels of sport from Age Group to Olympic Medalists
- Extensive training and experience in building and leading high performance teams
- A member of the 2005 UK Sport Elite Coach Cohort
- Management and Board positions held
Professional Diving Coach 2003-2005
- Coaching divers at all levels of the sport – from grass roots to Olympic Medalists
- Implementing Continued Professional Development for all coaches
Scottish National Diving Coach 2000-2003 / Development Officer for Scotland - Scottish Swimming/ Diving Development Officer - Edinburgh Leisure
- Strategic leadership of putting Scottish diving back onto the map
- Increased participation by 3000% across Edinburgh and the whole of Scotland
- Created, sustained and managed national and regional diving programs
- Worked closely with all partners involved